Montag, 20. Februar 2012

The mistakes with RAA`s Marketing.

No cryptic Title this time. I want to come straight to the point.
In the last few days I realized something. I realized the mistake I made with the marketing of RAA, or in particular the first trailer. 
As you may know by now, RAA is SIACTRO´s first game to be developed and with all "first times" poeple get a little to ambitious if they don´t watch out. That was very well the fact with this game.
Retro Arcade Adventure was never meant to be an epic journey for the player that will continue for hours and hours to come. It was from the very beginning aimed to catch the simplicity of an Atari 2600 game.
However with the first trailer I made a horrible mistake, I got to ambitious. I tried to make a trailer that showed an epic adventure with Dragons, Barbarians, Demons and Heros that will entertain you for hours and just suck you into the world of fantasy...

I failed at that.
Partially I failed because I seem to suck at making trailers and partially I failed because that is not(!) what RAA is all about. The moment I start thinking about a game I really want to make is allways the moment I have a special situation in my mind that just suits the game perfectly in my opinion. Let me explain you the situation I think, RAA is perfectly made for:

 It is Thursday. You just want the weekend to finally start because you are tired of your job/school/normal-day-routine. There is nothing on TV but you feel the need to entertain yourself somehow.
That is where RAA fits in. It is not your story heavy game that you actually need to think about ot get into, it is just there to entertain you. You are able to just start it up and chop your way through enemy hordes. If you are interested in having a motivation to chop them down, you may read the plot that will be told on screen in a typical little textbox system.
You may choose the adventure or the arcade mode to entertain you for the rest of the evening.
And that is what RAA is all about. Nothing more, nothing less, just a little shot of entertainment.

I failed to show it up to this point, but from now on I promise to show you the real Retro Arcade Adventure and not try to let it look any better than it will be in the end.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen