Freitag, 28. September 2012

Designer Update #3 - New transformation, confusing tiles and grandpa`s gameover style

After a weekend of pure holiday goodness, I had some quite interesting ideas for RAAR.
Today I tried to convert some of these ideas into real gameplay.

First, there is a new transformation for Kamui. This one is different than the other two because Kamui is not getting big and slow. Instead he is becoming really fast and invincible in his new form.
You may compare it to Super Sonic from Sonic the Hedgehog 2 if you want to.
This new power up is becoming real fun if you battle big hordes of enemies.





After that, I drew some tiles for the second level, the graveyard. Unfortunately, they look really confusing and not good at all because they won`t work together as I wanted them to do. I will redraw/recolor most of them sometime to see if my graveyard will be able to look a little bit more scary.




The last one is another power up. Nothing new here if you remember the "slimearmy" from the original version. An army of slimes ran down the screen from top to bottom. I did not changed the way this power up works, however I  did change the way it looks. It is now a little bit more...up to date, I think.




Well, that`s it for this time. Maybe next time I will be able to say a little bit more about that alpha demo.

sincerely,
Marcus

1 Kommentar: