Donnerstag, 2. Februar 2012

Global Game Jam - Result...finally

Ok, yeah I know...I am late... but I was...well... actually there is no excuse. I was lazy and finally finished Majora's Mask and started playing Resident Evil Revelations(yep, with 3DS addon-pad-thingy).
However now I will finally talk about this year's GGJ. It was an amazing event, don't get me wrong I wasn't expecting anything less than a totaly awesome weekend full of game creating goodness! This time however it was absolutely amazing. We had a lot of awesome teams and great games were created that weekend. My team, this time, was really big for Gamejam limits. We were seven people and many tasks were overcrowded. However the actual game looked really amazing. 
Loopy Island is a Point and Click Adventure with a pretty strange humor(Arnold Schwarzenegger cameo and fus-roh-dah!). It is reminiscent of genre classics like Monkey Island and Leisure Suit Larry. My tasks on the team contained sound, synchro and some gamedesign parts. Unfortunately we did not manage to finish the game in time(too many people = too many ideas and discussions). It still is an interesting alpha to check out, if you enjoy these kind of games. 
If you are interested how a game would look like if it was made in 48 hours with a smaller team, retro graphics and on a Nintendo DS then check out last years project of me and my team back then(only three people): 8-Bit(ch) Slap Apocalypse 
It has a sick humor too and was...well...bloody. Oh and very buggy but fun as hell to create.

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen